cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to synchronize VPN 3000 VRRP configuration

bmp
Level 1
Level 1

How can I synchronize the configuration between master and backup VPN 3030 devices in a redundant VRRP setup?

The 'Cisco - What is VRRP?' document says to save the CONFIG image to a file, edit the interface IP's, load the file to the second device, swap the active configuration and change the VRRP settings.

I find this procedure a bit worksome. Is there any easier way to do this?

3 Replies 3

sachinraja
Level 9
Level 9

Hi BMP

the procedure of editing the config and changing IPs, suits only to a newly installed VPN concentrator. you cant do this everytime to replicate configurations in a VRRP environment.. by the way, just like HSRP on routers, VRRP on VPN 3030 does not replicate the configuations automatically..

you have to manually replicate configurations each time any new configs are done.. ie, u need to configure twice, once in primary and once in secondary.... no other go !!! editing config file everytime will not work and is not a suitable solution.. so , the best way is to configure stuffs manually on the concentrators, when doing any change.

hope this helps.. all the best

Raj

Thanks for the reply, Raj.

I'll continue to synchronize it the manual way.

Regards BMP

cool BMP.. please mark the case as solved, which might be helpful to others. rate replies if found useful.

Raj

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card