cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IEV won't work with IPS software version 5,0??

rjanakan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm running ASA5510 with IPS Version 5.0(6)S220.0. I was trying to get IEV 5.2 to work with it.

I came across this in Cisco site under "Reporting and Management"

"Cisco IDS Event Viewer (IEV)-Cisco IEV is now obsolete and will not monitor Cisco IPS Sensor Software v5.0 events."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2113/products_qanda_item0900aecd80321849.shtml

Is that the reason, I'm not able to get it to work? If IEV is not gonna work, is there any other SMB SIM or SEM tool that would help me for real-time monitoring?

Thx in advance!

-Janakan Rajendran

4 Replies 4

jshelmer
Level 1
Level 1

Since signature support has ended for 5.0(x) as of 9/30/2006, you need to upgrade to 5.1(3). IEV 5.2 will work with that.

Please rate helpful posts.

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for letting me know about the signature update. I did upgrade to 5.1(3). But no luck with IEV.. Not seeing anything on it. My signature's are loaded. From CLI i'm able to see the packets being processed and other informational messages. Just not getting that in IEV.

-Janakan

Hi,

Thanks for letting me know about the signature update. I did upgrade to 5.1(3). But no luck with IEV.. Not seeing anything on it. My signature's are loaded. From CLI i'm able to see the packets being processed and other informational messages. Just not getting that in IEV.

-Janakan

Hi,

It works now. I think the signature upgrade did the trick. Thanks for your help!

I was struggling with this for the past few days...

-Janakan Rajendran

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card