cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Implementation of GoDaddy Wildcard Certificate

kemahnken
Level 1
Level 1

I've been tasked with implementing a godaddy wildcard ssl certificate on a new ASA based VPN cluster.  This is replacing our legacy individual certs and is a great way to go.  The issue is I've tried just about everything I can and read so many approaches as to how to install them I'm confused.  So what I'm in search of is a procedure to guide me through the process.  As I say I've probably been through most, if not all, of the Cisco resources and others online.

Thanks in advance,

3 Replies 3

Maykol Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have this one and it is correct for a specific certificated not a Wildcard certificate which has a FQDN like *.wildcardcert.com.  The goal is to get to a wildcard certificate to eliminate the management / certificate valiation processes we've been living with for many years. 

I have loaded a go daddy wild card cert in ASA 5520 v 9.2 with anyconnect client 3.1.0.303

connecting to the SSL page - there are no cert warnings

however the anyconenct client itself does throw a cert warning

the dialoge box does not offer the ability to download the cert and proceed anyway as the release notes suggest

and far as I can tell the xml profle does not have an entry for strict certificate trust

so at this point in time I am struggling with a work around for that error

but the cert does function on the ASA for RSA encryption.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card