cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

In FMC, can you bulk edit Access Control rules? (without the API)

kylebrogers
Level 4
Level 4

If I create a new file or IPS policy and need to apply it to hundreds of Access Control Rules, is there a way to do this in bulk in the FMC interface or do I have to go one at a time through all the rules?  I'm guessing that someone can code a way to do it but I'm looking for a way someone can do it natively through the FMC interface.  

4 Replies 4

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

There's no way to edit all rules in 1 shot to apply a change. The only way would be by coding something personalized.
Actually, if you take a look, there's not even a checkbox to select all rules with a modify icon (pen).

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Miles Morales
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem. If you need to change anything on the Inspection or Logging tba, you will need to go to each rule and edit them one by one.

Cisco TAC is not able to assist with this and they only created an enhancement bug https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvq80252.

Consider using Cisco Defense Orchestrator (CDO) for management. This is one of the advantages Cisco touts for it.

Munib Shah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Bulk edit is supported from 6.6+. Select the rules or objects by holding the CTRL or SHIFT key> Right Click> Edit

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: