Level 3
Level 3

Here is the scenario:

FR - Remote -----FA - 1760----LAN -PIX?---Internet

|

|

|

3COM LAN Switch

I have a client that has this existing scenario, with a 1760 FE configured to the Frame Relay remote network, where there is a file server and mail server. They want to replace a VPN device in the (PIX?) spot on ,\my diagram above with a PIX 501 to terminate the Internet for users and still allow those same users to see the Frame Relay connection for remote file sharing, but access the Port on the PIX for internet access. This is also a serverless environment, so the 1760 is doing DHCP for all the clients as well. The customer wants to continue sending the Frame Relay and allow internet access on the SAME FE interface on that 1760. I told them there would likely be a need to add another FE card to allow the internet traffic to be routed by the 1760 becuase the PIX 501 DOES NOT ROUTE like the existing VPN device they have in place. My question is, how would I go about building the config on the 1760 to allow for traffic to be routed to the FR subnet and the internet access at the same time with a SINGLE FE card and is it possible to do with just readjusting the router config by trunking the FE interface, or am I correct in needing to add anouther FE card for this config. I have enclosed the existing network diagram and existing 1760 router config. Thanks in Advance,

Rob

1 Reply 1

sbriddesjr
Level 1
Level 1

Rob:

I assume your pix is the Device listed as Netgear, 192.168.3.200??. If so, you should look at ospf routing table, make sure default route is not being supplied to you from peer router, if not you can simply add a static route in your 1760, ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.3.200, this will send all traffic the 1760 does not know how to route to the 192.168.3.200 device. Good Luck.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card