Views
Helpful
Replies

Integrating FMC with ISE

ciscoworlds
Level 4
Level 4

Hi;

I have a test lab and want to integrate FMC 6.2.2.81 with ISE 2.2 (patch 5). Also I have an Internal MS CA server and have imported the CA root certificate into ISE and FMC already. 

Now I want to generate CSR of FMC to get a FMC Server Certificate from my internal CA server. There is no option to do it on FMC web GUI and I searched the Internet to see how it is and found very strange posts explaining complex procedures, like obtaining an open source software (OpenSSL) and generating CSR with it..!!

I don't understand while we are able to create CSR for ISE just by using its GUI, why there is no such basic thing on a FMC? Isn't it weird?

I didn't managed to find any simple guide explaining how to use OpenSSL to generate CSR, and actually I'm not sure if I need to dig into OpenSSL documents, Linux, etc to find just bunch of commands to generate a simple CSR!! 

I will appreciate any help on this. because I don't know where to start and basically if it is needed or if there are other reasonable and simpler ways to do that. Again I don't know why Cisco has not implemented such basic thing on its "Next Generation" devices, as it did on ISE?! confused! 

16 Replies 16

Serpent2010
Level 1
Level 1

is ISE 3.0.0.458 compatible with VM FMC  Version 7.2.1 (build 40)?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card