cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

InterTel IP phone outside PIX

jmx2020
Level 1
Level 1

Help! Trying to set up an InterTel IP phone, outside the host site which is protected by a PIX515E.

The internal IP phone host is connected to the DMZ; for testing, I am permitting anything in to the DMZ (no other hosts).

Everything is working except we have no voice. The IP phone apparently uses RTP, so I configured that range. Still no voice. Anyone have any idea if the PIX will actually support streaming voice, or any insight into what might be the problem?

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

scoclayton
Level 7
Level 7

Anything PIX and voice related, my first suggestion is always going to be an upgrade unless you are already on the latest release within your train. The 6.3 train seems to me to be the best, but I would still recommend 6.3(4) if at all possible. And yes, it sounds to me like your test should work fine through the PIX. Give an upgrade a shot and let us know.

Scott

Scott,

Thanks for the reply! Actually, I am running 6.3(4) already. I'ts glad to hear that PIX might be favorable to streaming audio.

I'm wondering if there are known limits to running certain kinds of streaming audio thru a PIX. I have everything open, and added the port range required in the RTP fixup. The IP connects and fully works, but no voice.

Thanks!

I know very little about intertel, so apologies if I'm off the mark, but related to Cisco callmanager setup, can you confirm that you have IP connectivity from phone to phone. Call setup is usually phone to Callmanager - Callmanager to phone, but the RTP stream goes directly between phones, so call setup could happen but phone to phone traffic (RTP) doesn't get through.

Fancy posting the Pix config?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card