cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is Cisco Phasing Out the Firepower Management Center?

1timcisco
Level 1
Level 1

I am using the FMCv for my home network setup and was wondering if there are any plans to phase out the FMCv in the next few years?  I'm on a demo now but planning to purchase it but dont want to waste money on something that is going to be phased out in the next couple of years.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

@1timcisco 

No, the FMC is the best option to manage the FTDs. The other options FDM or CDO, do not currently have the ability to manage all the FTD features that the FMC does. I see no reason why the FMC would be phased out.

View solution in original post

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

in addition to what @Rob Ingram said, I can confirm that Cisco is currently actively developing new features and functionality for "Cisco Secure Threat Defense Manager" (new name for FMC). It has a multi-year product development roadmap going forward.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

@1timcisco 

No, the FMC is the best option to manage the FTDs. The other options FDM or CDO, do not currently have the ability to manage all the FTD features that the FMC does. I see no reason why the FMC would be phased out.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

in addition to what @Rob Ingram said, I can confirm that Cisco is currently actively developing new features and functionality for "Cisco Secure Threat Defense Manager" (new name for FMC). It has a multi-year product development roadmap going forward.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card