cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to install ISE in attached USB drive?

eigrpy
Level 4
Level 4

Hi I need to install ISE in attached USB drive because the drive c is not big enough. vmware workstation is used as platform in my drive c. but during i install the ISE and let ISE install in the USB drive(500G), I got error message, which tells the installation cannot be in the USB. Is it possible to install ISE in attached USB drive? Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You may be able to get things to work in an unsupported platform but they may break unexpectedly or work in inconsistent ways - as you are experiencing.

If you have a working ISE configuration, you should be able to perform a backup and restore it to another deployment as long as the version is compatible.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

ISE is not supported on VMware workstation, only on ESXi (with regard to VMware). Here are the current supported VMware platforms:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-7/InstallGuide27/b_ise_InstallationGuide27/b_ise_InstallationGuide27_chapter_01.html#vmwarevmrequirements

ISE in my vmware workstation can work in drive c or d, maybe it is earlier version. 

If i move it to ESX, all past config can keep the same?

You may be able to get things to work in an unsupported platform but they may break unexpectedly or work in inconsistent ways - as you are experiencing.

If you have a working ISE configuration, you should be able to perform a backup and restore it to another deployment as long as the version is compatible.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card