Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE ERS API returns 502

ivanbadikov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've been tasked to create a script that replicates MAB entries from one deployment to another using the ciscoisesdk. In my case I have 3 source sites with 1 ISE node each and a target site with 2 ISE nodes in a distributed deployment. All of the nodes are running ISE 3.1. I followed the proper steps to enable the ERS API - enabling the API and creating an ERS admin account.

On the source nodes I have no problem using the API, everything works as expected. My problem is with the destination nodes. When I or the script make an API call to the destination node I always get the error:

{
"message": "An invalid response was received from the server",
"code": 502
}

The API call that I'm making is:

curl --location 'https://{primary_node}/ers/config/endpoint?filter=staticGroupAssignment.EQ.true' --header 'Accept: application/json' --header 'Authorization: Basic {credentials}' -k

I setup a Debug profile where the components ers, api-gateway and apiservices are all set to DEBUG, but in the respective logs there is no mentioning of the error. I tried digging through Google but I couldn't find any info regarding why this happens and I'm running out of ideas how to troubleshoot this... Any help will be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Ivan

6 Replies 6

Marcel Zehnder
Spotlight
Spotlight