cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Licensing FPR-1010 using FDM and No Internet - options?

Ben Lau
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Network Security Community,

We have a new FPR-1010, without additional feature subscription.  What are the options to license it when both Internet access and FMC are not available?  We do have a Smart account though.

Thanks for your advice and help!

Ben

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Ben Lau 

If you do not have a path to the internet for the system, you cannot use Smart Licensing. Instead, switch to Permanent License Reservation (PLR) mode. For detailed information, see Applying Permanent Licenses in Air-Gapped Networks.

HTH

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi @Ben Lau 

If you do not have a path to the internet for the system, you cannot use Smart Licensing. Instead, switch to Permanent License Reservation (PLR) mode. For detailed information, see Applying Permanent Licenses in Air-Gapped Networks.

HTH

Hi Rob,

Thank you for your advice.  You are correct.  I can use PLR and that is a solution.

Just FYI - I tried to follow the PLR steps, and ran into an error after entering the request code into our Smart Account portal.  I am working with Cisco TAC to see why.  TAC asked why not use FMC and/or satellite, which we have.  However, our FMC / satellite is so far away from the firewall (avg latency is >400ms).  I was not able to register the firewall to our FMC.  Thus, I believe PLR is the solution especially when I only need the Base license for this firewall.

Thanks again Rob. 

Just to share with the community.  I successfully obtained the PLR license and applied it to our firewall. 

I had to contact Cisco TAC to enable the use of PLR on our Smart Account.  I mistakenly assumed it was already enabled.

After that, I had to call our vendor to generate and put the necessary Universal license specific to the firewall model into our Smart Account.  Then, I just followed the simple (few) steps of PLR.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card