Views
Helpful
Replies

Memory Allocation for Cisco ASA with Firepower

fatalXerror
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Guys,

I am just wondering in ASA with Firepower Services about how it allocate the memory? For example, the ASA5508X have 8GB of memory as per data sheet, does it mean that the 8GB is shared between the ASA engine and the FP module? or both have their dedicated memory allocation?

I got confused because when I checked the FP ASDM under the Monitoring > Firepower > Statistics, I can see memory usage and it is not the same as the "show memory" in the ASA engine.

Thanks

6 Replies 6

Firepowere is running an a seperate card on the ASA box. Its not the same memory space...

Hi @Ken Stieers ,

Sorry but I am still confused as I didn't see it in the data sheet of ASA with Firepower Services and I can see only one memory and it doesn't state any separate memory allocation. In addition, the Firepower Services is just a software module and not a hardware type module.

Thank you for the help.

?Yep, you're right... the big boxes got a second piece of hardware for the CX module... but the smaller ones was all software...

I have no clue how their allocating if for FP... sorry...

@Marvin Rhoads how are you? hope you doing well.

the link you shared does not open. it says

Access Denied

please do not forget to rate.

@Sheraz.Salim I'm fine thanks.

Sorry - that link is a thread by the OP in the Partner Community.

Try this one for the information:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-blogs/asa-and-firepower-hardware-fact-sheet/ba-p/3665136

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card