cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrating to AnyConnect Apex -- FirePower2100 ASA

casey_biggs8
Level 1
Level 1

Using the Cisco FirePower 2100 to manage the ASA, not through the FMC. AnyConnect is already deployed for the correct amount of users but they know how AnyConnect Apex licensing. How is Smart Licensing for Apex deployed on the Firepower 2100? I've looked at the datasheet but it is not clear. Do we just use the same token that is used for the Firepower device?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

the last time I did. we did not see the service interrupted however, best is do it in change control window.

please do not forget to rate.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes - just change the license type in the GUI. Assuming the appliance is registered to the smart license server, it will check out the Apex license in lieu of the current Plus license.

On the 2100 level or need to go down into the ASA and apply it?

Will there be any changes from an end user perspective or is it still business as usual? Want to make sure no service is interrupted. 

the last time I did. we did not see the service interrupted however, best is do it in change control window.

please do not forget to rate.

There's no service interruption.

@Sheraz.Salim mentioned, it's a good practice that an approved change window in in place when performing any change to a production device.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card