Views
Helpful
Replies

Migration Tool from ASA 5505 to ASA 5525

Atif Siddiqui
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Experts,

I am looking for a migration tool, if some one can guide me, with that i can migrate my existing Cisco ASA 5505 to Cisco ASA 5525. I am not sure about doing copy and paste, there is a lot of caveats. I am really looking for a help if someone can let me guide where i can find that tool for migration which will take my existing asa configuration and migrate to new 5525.

I  really appreciate your inputs on this.

Atif 

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Atif,

Cisco has a firewall migration conversion tool but unfortunately the ASA 5505 is not a supported source platform. There are certain ASA 5505 features - notably the switchports and VLAN interfaces - that don't cleanly map to the 5500-X series (exclusively routed ports and no VLAN interfaces).

Most 5505 configurations are pretty simple and can be migrated "by hand". If you're not comfortable with that, you might have a look at the tools over at tunnelsup.com. There you can at least migrate your NAT statements, if that helps you.

Hello Marvin,

Thank you very much for your reply, that is really helping, configurations are simple as you said and i hope i will manage this by hand, for the tunnelsup site reference thank you again, i will keep you posted and let you know how it went.

Atif

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card