cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple copies of ASDM on the Mac?

jimsiff
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to run multiple copies of ASDM on the Mac so that I can be connected to multiple ASAs via ASDM at the same time?  I can do this on a PC with no problem, but I can't seem to figure out how to do this on the Mac.

Thanks,

Jim

5 Replies 5

Kureli Sankar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is not possible presently.

However, there is an internal enhancement request CSCtr71833 that has been filed to address this and be able to allow multiple instances of ASDMs on a MAC.

-Kureli

Checkout my breakout session at Cisco Live 2013, Orlando, Florida.

BRKSEC-2024 Deploying Next-Generation Firewall Services on the ASA 
Room 314A Tuesday, June 25 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM

Has there been any update to this request, I was unable to view the bug id you provided?

I am also trying to run multiple sessions of ASDM within Mac OS X Maverick 10.9.1 but can't seem to find a way to do this.

As of ASDM 7.1(4), it's still not working.  ASDM 7.1(5) has given me nothing but grief from a Mac perspective, so I haven't moved beyond 7.1(4) except to verify that 7.1(5) is borked with current Java versions (there's been reports of some people having success with 7.1(5) if they downgrade their Java, but I've neither the inclination nor the time to start down that rabbit hole).  I should note that the "success" I'm referring to is not multiple instances of ASDM, but rather basic functionality; ASDM 7.1(5) and current Java versions don't mix.  At all.

tl;dr - if you want multiple instances of ASDM on a Mac, you'll need Parallels and Windows.  :/

Hey,

I am not sure if anyone has got this working. But as a workaround i tried today, opened DM-Launcher and moved the application into the Application folder and create a copy of it. This enabled me to open the 2 or more Firewalls

Please rate the post Shibly Ibrahim

any luck?Is it possible now?Can you please help me how to do it

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card