Level 1

I have setup firepower and access rules for inside7 and outside to deny any

i notice that inside1 can connect internet if outside connect WAN link

then after add license and verify or submit license downloaded or from email

it return license is invalid feature license

my license is control license 

why invalid?

And

if can add license , which access rules will it use ? Traditional ASA or firepower?

how switch between them?

and I notice that 

after setup firepower in console , even if press reset button , firepower do not need to setup again

if can not switch between traditional access rules and firepower , will I forever to use firepower even if reset again?

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The "Control" license applies to the Firepower features. You apply it either via the Firepower configuration section (using ASDM) or via Firepower management Center (if you are using that).

Firepower will attempt to inspect all traffic directed to it via the ASA policy map. Of course some flows (like any IPsec that may be transiting your ASA, SSL/TLS encrypted browsing etc.) may be not very "inspectable". Rules that you can use are according to licenses you have (IPS, URL filtering and/or Malware). It is not a choice of either ASA or Firepower - you can use both at the same time when you have a Firepower service module.

what should i do when license that can not be verify and submit in ASA firepower ADSM ?

i have tried to connect outside with WAN cable and inside1 at the same time, it can connect internet without any policy as default

but why it can not verify license even if connected like this?

i just open notepad and copy all content into the textbox

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card