Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need Help with FTD Basic Lan/Internet Setup

I think I have set up my CSCO Firepower 1010 properly but I cannot connect/browse the internet when connecting a device. The FTD Device View shows Inside Network, BV1, 1/1, 1/2, MGMT, DNS, and Smart License all Green but ISP/NAV/Gateway and NTP Server are Grayed out. I can see the Firepower connected from the Modem/Router admin page and it has been given an IP address. I set my Modem/Router into Bridge Mode Arris/NVG510.  Any help is appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi,

Thanks for the Link. I will keep it handy in case I have to reset the device.

I was able to navigate to Interfaces -> BV1 Lan and Edit. I set the Internal net to 10.254.1.x. I set up the internal DHCP Server (start allocating at 101) and deployed the changes. I connected my laptop to interface 1/2, DHCP allocated 10.254.1.101. I navigated to 10.245.1.1and logged into FDM wepage successfully. However the ISP/WAN/Gateway is still Gray. The DHCP Server is Green. The NTP Servers are Gray. The Smart License is Green. 1/1 is my outside interface and its Link Status is up.

My Arris Modem is in IP Passthrough mode and has a DHCP Setting of Dynamic explained as follows: The WAN IP addr will be handed out to the first LAN connected client that requests a DHCP lease. Also, the Arris Mgmt interface will display the mac addr of the device that made the 1st DHCP request.

I rebooted the Firepower, waited for all indicators on top of device to be Green. Connected Laptop to Firepower interface 1/2. Logged into FDM on 10.254.1.1 and Shazaaaam! The Internet is available. All paths Green.

So the solution was to be patient and let the Firepower reboot and be the first to ask for an address from the Arris modem. I was connecting my laptop to the modem as well and getting set as the IP pass through device.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

The Arris Modem default Lan is 192.168.1.0 which is the same Lan as the Firepower. I will attempt to change the Firepower Lan to match the Lan for which it is replacing which might solve this issue.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

basic setuo guide help you :

https://www.petenetlive.com/KB/Article/0001678

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

balaji.bandi,

Thanks for the Link. I will keep it handy in case I have to reset the device.

I was able to navigate to Interfaces -> BV1 Lan and Edit. I set the Internal net to 10.254.1.x. I set up the internal DHCP Server (start allocating at 101) and deployed the changes. I connected my laptop to interface 1/2, DHCP allocated 10.254.1.101. I navigated to 10.245.1.1and logged into FDM wepage successfully. However the ISP/WAN/Gateway is still Gray. The DHCP Server is Green. The NTP Servers are Gray. The Smart License is Green. 1/1 is my outside interface and its Link Status is up.

My Arris Modem is in IP Passthrough mode and has a DHCP Setting of Dynamic explained as follows: The WAN IP addr will be handed out to the first LAN connected client that requests a DHCP lease. Also, the Arris Mgmt interface will display the mac addr of the device that made the 1st DHCP request.

I rebooted the Firepower, waited for all indicators on top of device to be Green. Connected Laptop to Firepower interface 1/2. Logged into FDM on 10.254.1.1 and Shazaaaam! The Internet is available. All paths Green.

So the solution was to be patient and let the Firepower reboot and be the first to ask for an address from the Arris modem. I was connecting my laptop to the modem as well and getting set as the IP pass through device.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card