cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to change FMC IP address. What is the proper process to register FTD devices back?

Jack G
Level 1
Level 1

I opened a ticket with support and they stated to perform the steps below, but is it the best process? Should I remove the devices first from FMC, change the FMC IP address, then register the FTD devices again? Trying to minimize and configuration issues on the FTD device with this FMC IP address change due to the FMC being relocated.

As discussed, first please take a configuration backup form the FMC.

Then, once you have moved your FMC please delete the manager from the Firepower module on the ASA:

>configure manager delete

If that gives any error, please run:

>expert

$remove_peer.pl <IP address of the FMC>

Then please add the new manager:

>configure manager add <IP address> key

Use the same key to add the Module to the FMC under Device -> Device Management.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jack G
Level 1
Level 1

I just did some testing on one device. After changing the IP address of the FMC, the devices lost heartbeat with FMC, but after some time, the device started checking in again, so it appears that it just might take 15-20 minuters or so for the devices to reconnect with the FMC.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jack G
Level 1
Level 1

I just did some testing on one device. After changing the IP address of the FMC, the devices lost heartbeat with FMC, but after some time, the device started checking in again, so it appears that it just might take 15-20 minuters or so for the devices to reconnect with the FMC.

sreenivasR
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Cisco FMC engineering prepared the script for this scenario. In future, if we need to change the FMC IP then please reach out to Cisco. We will be updating the external documentation for this procedure. If we don't find it then plz reach cisco Tac. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card