Views
Helpful
Replies

New ASA 5506-X

Roza12
Level 1
Level 1

Hello 

i have  a question about CA certificate and ASDM image for ASA 5506-X , i don't have that knowledge  regarding to firewall, anyway i got a new box ( ASA 5506-X ) for our customer and my questions are :

1- Do we need CA certificate for this new asa 5506-x ?? if we do need a CA, what is the procedure to do that ??

2- Do we need image for ASA or the new image it's already installed in the device ???

3- Do we need a new image for ASDM to configure through GUI  or it's already exist ??

4- If we need ASDM image and we have one used for another device but same type also asa 5506-x, can we use it  or we need a new one ????

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

you can check ASDM image availability in device using console. use "show asdm image". is no output came, you need to manually upload ASDM image to firewall and set it.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa82/configuration/guide/config/admin_swconfig.html#wp1071183

regards,

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Abheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,
1. CA certificate is not necessary to setup ASA.
2. New image will be already installed on the ASA, aslo you can download from software central.

3. I remember ASDM image will not be part of new ASA, you need to download it from software central.

4. You need to check the compatibility with the ASDM version and ASA version.

HTH

Abheesh

Hi, 

other than this, if you are planing to use https connectivity between firewall and ASDM (which is default behavior) and if you have K8 device, in that case you need crypto license which you can download through cisco traditional license portal

regards,

Good luck
KB

HI 

i will use Cisco ASA 5506-X with FirePOWER Services ( ASA5506-SEC-BUN-K9)

for this one do i need crypto license for ASDM ???

and what about asa image and CA certificate for this device ???

ASA5506-SEC-BUN-K9 have the control license and you can able to manage ASA/firepower with ASDM.
CA certificate is not required for setting up ASA. If you are doing any certificate validation/authentication required ca cert from the trusted authority.

HTH
Abheesh

Hi 

thanks for your reply 

so ASDM image is already installed with asa  just make the setup for web access 

Hi,

you can check ASDM image availability in device using console. use "show asdm image". is no output came, you need to manually upload ASDM image to firewall and set it.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa82/configuration/guide/config/admin_swconfig.html#wp1071183

regards,

Good luck
KB
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card