cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

nexus-websocket-a.intercom.io

justwondering
Level 1
Level 1

We've been receiving multiple alert regarding this domain "nexus-websocket-a.intercom.io"

User traffic shows it's related to legitimate web traffic.

Submitted the domain to sandboxing and it's benign. Also other OSINT categorized it under Technology/Internet and Business-and-Economy. 

Checked Cisco Talos portal and this has been categorized as phishing recently, Dec.12.

Requested re-categorization on this via Cisco Talos and it's still pending.

Would like to know your thoughts or if anyone has encountered this domain? Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

justwondering
Level 1
Level 1

Updating this, Cisco Talos has fixed the categorization to TRUSTED

** Fixed - FP - Talos has concluded that the submission is safe to access at this time; the submission's reputation has been improved

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

brettp
Level 1
Level 1

I too have observed this recently. It seems some sources note it as malicious, while others do not. I'm curious as well as I do not have a definite answer. Resource monitor on Windows machines shows chrome.exe as the culprit... but as for what it is... no idea. 

tkamish22
Level 1
Level 1

Same here. Trying to track down correlation to the origination of the traffic.  It appears, at least in our situation, that it is an embedded application in Microsoft Teams or other MS applications.  

justwondering
Level 1
Level 1

same on my end, it's initiating process is chrome.exe or edge.exe 

checked logs further and seeing the domain ctaegorization is different in between cisco umbrella and firepower.. aren't they suppose to have threat intelligence? 

firepower has urlfiltering, nonetheless its DNS Category=Phishing, while umbrella assessed it under Software/Technology, Business Services, Application, Business and Industry.

justwondering
Level 1
Level 1

Updating this, Cisco Talos has fixed the categorization to TRUSTED

** Fixed - FP - Talos has concluded that the submission is safe to access at this time; the submission's reputation has been improved

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card