Views
Helpful
Replies

NO internet in the network except for two computers after installing ASA 5505

amal_nandeen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,,,

I dont know if any of you guys had a problem like this... I installed a CISCO ASA5505 with 50 user license  to my network as the gateway firewall. So ASA is acting as the gaeway router which is connected to a fibre circuit and also it gives DHCP to the network. The strange thing is that except for two computers rest does not have internet. I also have an asterisk phone system which works fine..

I tried everything.... static IP's DHCP, DNS nothing worked. But strange enough two computers works fine and have internet.. but are no special computers. One is Win XP and the other one is Win7. When I troubleshoot the problem in win 7 on one of the computers it says

"The remote device or resource won't accept the connection"

I have no idea now... any help would be great...

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Amal.

I hope the gateway of the comupters are configured as ASA.. Are you able to ping your gateway from the PC where you dont have access to internet and also check whether the translation is happening on ASA when you are trying to access the internet ( show xlate  | i 'local ip'

It would be great if you could share the ASA config as well

regards

Harish.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hello Amal.

I hope the gateway of the comupters are configured as ASA.. Are you able to ping your gateway from the PC where you dont have access to internet and also check whether the translation is happening on ASA when you are trying to access the internet ( show xlate  | i 'local ip'

It would be great if you could share the ASA config as well

regards

Harish.

Thanks for the reply....

Yes the gateway is set correctly and everything else is also fine..

The  big mystery to me is that why is it working for only two computers and  not working for around 25 computers. All computers are configured the  same wayā€¦ Even all the servers on the network have internetā€¦. Is there  anything else in the ASA that I need to setup or anything that I missā€¦.

Thanks

Hi guys...

All good... I have done it my self.... It was the NAT and DNS... The thing is I have to connect two set of WAN static IP addresses in two different ranges. That is the place I mixed up... Anyway thank you very much...

Amal

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card