cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No XLTR or LTR code since FTD version 7.0, released May of '21?

bnidacoc
Level 1
Level 1

I might not be understanding the content of https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/firewalls/bulletin-c25-743178.html, or maybe I'm overlooking something.

The documented schedule seems to indicate that code revisions released in the H1 of a calendar year would be designated as XLTR or LTR.  However it appears that nothing has been designated as XLTR or LTR since 7.0 was designated XLTR which was released in May of '21.  I've reviewed the release notes for 7.1 through 7.4 and I've not caught a designation in those release's documents.  Or, has Cisco abandoned the guidance of this document?

I ask because if I can avoid a major revision upgrade for 2-4 years, I would prefer to go that route and thus deploy a new firewall with the most recent XLTR or LTR (depending on the projected end of software maintenance.)  We're already 18 months away from 7.0 end of software maintenance, EoSW, (based on the documents timelines expressed and 7.0's release date) and nothing else since has received Cisco's XLTR or LTR designation.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@bnidacoc 7.4/9.20 is the latest XLTR. The bulletin doesn't state it, but the screenshot below is from a cisco live presentation.

RobIngram_0-1708095783886.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

tvotna
Spotlight
Spotlight

7.4 / 9.20 should be XLTR for sure, but I cannot prove. Probably they don't explicitly state this in RNs when new major release comes out.

@bnidacoc 7.4/9.20 is the latest XLTR. The bulletin doesn't state it, but the screenshot below is from a cisco live presentation.

RobIngram_0-1708095783886.png

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card