cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Out of band config changes and CSM

glenthms
Level 1
Level 1

Were running CSM 3.3.1 SP1 on a windows machine.  We aquired a company and have found that they were making out of band changes without the use of CSM directly from the CLI.  Is there any easy way to sync the running config on the ASA firewalls to the CSM server?  I dug in help files but nothing really pointing me where to go. 

Thanks for any help!

1 Reply 1

mirober2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

The easiest/fastest way to do this is to right-click on the device in CSM's device inventory and select "Rediscover policies on device". This will clear the configuration from the CSM database and rediscover the device config based on what is in the ASA's running-config.

Keep in mind that if you are using any custom rule sections for your Access Rules or the device has any shared policies assigned, you'll need to manually rebuild the sections or re-assign the shared policies. To avoid this, you would have to manually sync the changes (i.e. make the same changes in CSM that were made on the CLI). If only certain policies are affected, you can also add the device into CSM's inventory as a new device (with a new name), and then copy the policies that weren't affected from the old device to the new device.

Hope that helps.

-Mike

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card