cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Password recovery

moubou
Level 1
Level 1

So I brought a Cisco pix 515e firewall to increase my knowledge and skill set with it . But when I’ve brought it seems to have a password which I don’t know. And their were some older forums which have now since changed. It quite  annoying that there isn’t a reset button , or just a simple way to factory reset or but I’m just hoping that someone on here might know 

9 Replies 9

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

PIX was end of life more than decade, if you learn nothing going to help on this era, better invest any ASA models is good for you.

try below option still you looking to learn PIX :

https://www.petenetlive.com/KB/Article/0000064

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Although I do agree it is very old I just need something cheap and simple to dip my toes into , most firewalls that are relatively new are quite and expensive and quite big for my set up. But thank you for that link much appreciated hopefully I can do something with but I’m aware that it might not work

if you really keen to learn with Physical hardware you get many ASA 55XX series they are end of life to hands on firewall (if you are in UK i can give you Free i have 3 in my atic brand new )

as suggested the command level knowledge use Virtual ASA (if you are not keen hardware) save power also you can lab using latest code which is in the trends.

BB

O wow that’s really nice of you thank you so much , I am from the uk but my only concern is the dimensions, I have a little small 9u sever rack that is isn't very long at the back. I don’t suppose you have the exact dimensions just so I can see if it will fit  

google ASA5505 then it give you dimentions.

BB

I appreciate the offer very much so , but its abit too small for me. But you have opened my eyes to the CISCO ASA5508-X/ASA5508 

couple of quids you get many in the market.

BB

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Using a Pix to increase your useful knowledge and skills is not an advisable path. You can get an ASAv with current software version and use it for free with an evaluation license.

Ruben Cocheno
Spotlight
Spotlight

@moubou 

Learning something that is deprecated is not really recommended at all, i recommend you to look at a Cisco ASAv like @Marvin Rhoads and spin as many times you want the free evaluation license.

@moubou 

Learning something that is deprecated is not recommended at all, i recommend you to look at a Cisco ASAv like @Marvin Rhoads and spin up a VM (low resources needed) as many times as you want the free evaluation license. Note that you need to have access to the functions of the product boosting your knowledge/capabilities on the latest technologies.

Tag me to follow up.
Please mark it as Helpful and/or Solution Accepted if that is the case. Thanks for making Engineering easy again.
Connect with me for more on Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/rubencocheno/
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card