Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Patch for alert 1203/0 IP Fragment Overwrite

I was unable to find the patches for the alert 1203/0 IP Fragment Overwrite.

When i go to the site "Microsoft IP Fragment Reassembly Patches".

I was unable to find patch for the Windows XP. If i go to the Windows NT4.0 Workstation i found out that the page cannot be found as well.

I need patch for Windows XP fof alert 1203/0 IP fragment Overwrite.Kindly assist on this please anyone.

5 Replies 5

wsulym
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You don't see a windows XP patch because the vulnerability pre-dates XP's ship. If memory serves me correct (and a quick search showed nothing to the contrary), XP was not affected.

Dear wsulym,

Thanks for your feedback. Actually the windows that using is windows XP as well and they are detected alert 1203/0.

This is why i was finding patch for the windows XP. Is there any other solution for this problem?

Perhaps I don;t understand what you are asking.

Are you seeing alerts generated with a destination address of a Windows XP workstation?

Dear wsulym,

Actually source and destination is Windows XP workstation. Thats why i was wondering how come 1203/0 alert is detected in WIndows XP workstation and when i find the patch for this alert it show page requested cannot found.

Kindly advice please.Thanks...

The signature fires because traffic matching what it detects is seen.

The vulnerability was disclosed prior to winXP releasing, winXP is not vulnerable to this.

Why 2 winXP endpoints are sending traffic that triggers the signature - don't know - we'd have to look at the traffic that is being passed and match that to the alert that's firing. If you feel that this there is a false positive, I ask that you capture traffic and provide the alert that fires during that capture and either open a TAC case, or submit it here:

http://tools.cisco.com/security/center/ipshome.x?i=12&shortna=ContactUS#ContactUS

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card