cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

pix 515 static question

vg200
Level 1
Level 1

I have setup a pix 515 at home on my broadband connection for testing. I was wondering if it is possable to use the static command to map a Internal to the dhcp assigned address from ISP. I have setup a reverse DNS client to map the dhcp assigned WAN address to a public dns server.

Example:

interface0 outside

interface1 inside

ip address outside dhcp setroute

ip address inside 172.16.0.1

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 dhcp

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Assuming you have something like:

> nat (inside) 1 0 0

> global (outside) 1 interface

for your outbound traffic, you can do the following for inbound:

> static (inside,outside) tcp interface 80 172.16.0.2 80 netmask 255.255.255.255

This'll map any TCP port 80 packet destined for the PIX outside interface to the internal server at 172.16.0.2 on port 80. The keyword "interface" simply means the outside interfaces IP address. You can add as many of these port mappings as you like. The ports don't have to be the same either, you can map port 80 to port 345 if you like.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Assuming you have something like:

> nat (inside) 1 0 0

> global (outside) 1 interface

for your outbound traffic, you can do the following for inbound:

> static (inside,outside) tcp interface 80 172.16.0.2 80 netmask 255.255.255.255

This'll map any TCP port 80 packet destined for the PIX outside interface to the internal server at 172.16.0.2 on port 80. The keyword "interface" simply means the outside interfaces IP address. You can add as many of these port mappings as you like. The ports don't have to be the same either, you can map port 80 to port 345 if you like.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card