cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pix 525 - Deleting Remarks

Roble Mumin
Level 3
Level 3

Running 6.3(3) on my Pix-525 and i have some trouble deleting remark statements.

They look like the following:

access-list FromOutside line 166 remark ***Hostname***

If i try to delete the line using the "no" statement the pix os accepts the command, but the line itself is not being removed.

Any idea how to fix this? It's just a cosmetical issue but the acl's get polluted with wrong remarks over time.

A "no acl xyz" and copy&paste of the corrected acl can fix it but this is out of discussion as long is i don't have scheduled downtime window.

Thanks for reading...

Roble

3 Replies 3

sachinraja
Level 9
Level 9

Hello Roble,

Remarks are normally removed using the following commands:

no access-list id line line-num remark text

no access-list id line line-num

eg,

no access-list FromOutside line 166 remark xxxxx

no access-list FromOutside line 166

Just have a look at the ACL command reference and see if this helps you.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2120/products_command_reference_chapter09186a00801727a3.html#wp1067755

Raj

Hi Raj,

thanks for the reply, as i wrote i tried to delete the remark statement with a "no" (no access-list FromOutside line 166 remark ***Hostname*** ).

If you use you're suggested Syntax and pointing to the line only the pix os complains about the syntax. e.g. no access-list FromOutside line 166

That means i need to use -> no access-list FromOutside line 166 remark ***Hostname*** - but this doesn't work. The line is still present in the ACL. I think this is a bug.

Quote from the link you posted:

"The no access-list id line line-num remark text and no access-list id line line-num commands both remove the remark at that line number." <- This is not true in my case!

Greetings

Roble

Roble,

could be a bug. which OS are u using ? are there any open caveats relating to ACL remarks on the IOS you are using ? are there any other PIX in your network with some other IOS running ? have you tried in them ?

Raj

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: