cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX and ISDN

adnanrafik
Level 1
Level 1

What would be the appropriate solution in the following scenario.

My Client has

ISDN line

PIX 501

they want to establish a VPN with their remote site.

So what do we need?

Do we need a ISDN Router?

So ISDN router can dial the ISP via its ISDN port and can conenct the PIX on its LAN port.

Is it necessary for the cline to have Static IP?

The client also wants to surf the Internet at the same time they have established the VPN.

How it can be done?

2 Replies 2

sachinraja
Level 9
Level 9

Hello

Yeah.. u need some sort of a router to terminate the ISDN connection.. without this, its tough... IPs can be dynamic.. you normally have a pool of IP defined on your remote site.. access would have been given to access servers for the entire range of IP addresses.....

If you need to access both VPN and internet, the remote site should have split-tunnel enabled.. Once you enable this, you can have specific traffic only to pass through the VPN.. other traffic will be put onto your local LAN adapter to ur local network.

HTH

Raj

hmm ok. Tahank you Raj.

You mean to say we need more than one IP. One IP shuould be use to tunnel the packets while other used for internet traffic.

In another Scenario like... Sit-To-Site VPN or If I say PIX-to-PIX VPN.

So in this case once the VPN is configured and established between two sites, then

Do I need to have Cisco Secure Client software to dial into the office so conenction could be encrypted. Because normally we use Cisco Client software on dialup while we connect to our office.

As it is Pix-to-Pix VPN and the link is configured as encrypted so it is assumed that both sites have secured connectivity and shall have Intranet/Extranet to each other. And don't need any client software. Am I ryte?

More over what is the advantage of having PIX-to-PIX VPN between two sites?

I'll be thankful you get the answers.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card