Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX OS versions download availability from Cisco

Andy Robinson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have been trying to find some information as to why images earlier than 6.3(5) are no longer available for download from Cisco. I know that 6.3(5) is GD, so does this mean all other 6.3 images were ED and this is the reason that they have been removed, or have they been removed because they contained bugs.

The reason for asking is that I have a PIX running 6.3(3) and am trying to find information on the release and what bugs have been discovered in it.

Thanks

Andy

3 Replies 3

andrew.burns
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

I guess Cisco are doing the same excercise with PIX software as they did with IOS:

"To make it easier for customers to find the right Cisco IOS Software release with the latest functionality and most recent fixes, Cisco is updating the Cisco IOS? Software Center and removing a significant number of obsolete releases. The Cisco Software Center updates began in April 2005 and will be ongoing."

However, if you go to the bug toolkit you can still find bug information on all current and past PIX releases.

And finally - if you really need an old PIX release you could always raise a TAC case and get them to send it to you (as I did only a few weeks ago.)

HTH

Andrew.

Thanks Andrew, that certainly goes a long way to explain probably why there are no other PIX OS images available.

Just a policy they like it.

However, you can ask on TAC for an certain image. Or browse the FTP and you may find it...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card