cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX to NetGear Troubles

millergm
Level 1
Level 1

I have PIX 506e at office and NetGear FVS318 at home. I can create a VPN connection between the two (initiating it from the PIX as the PIX sits behind a SMC router that does not allow VPN traffic to originate from outside). I'm sure I have a VPN connection because on the PDM graphs, I see IPSEC and IKE tunnels that have been created and a status of QM_IDLE. My problem is that I cannot do anything across the tunnel I can ping from either network all day long and never get a reply back. I cannot see my office terminal server from my home computer. Below is my PIX listing. Passwords between the two devices are correct, as are the encryption/authentication/etc... settings.

my config file is attached

Any help would be appreciated.

Also, as my FVS318 outside IP is dynamically assigned, is there a way to configure the pix to look for a dynamic VPN host?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

scoclayton
Level 7
Level 7

Based on your description, I can tell you that something (the SMC router??) is blocking the ESP packets (protocol that IPSec uses) between the PIX and the NetGear box. Unfortunately, there really are no other options that to allow ESP between the 2 firewalls. All of the IPSec transparency options are for client to concentrator (or PIX).

Scott

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card