cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX v7.02 failover not working

jblum
Level 1
Level 1

I have a pair of PIX 515's that were doing failover just fine on v6.33 code, but today I upgraded them to v7.02. The failover cable is recognized as being attached but the 2 won't communicate. One is a PIX 515 UR and the other is a PIX 515E FO. Can a 515 run failover with a 515E on v7.02? I have opened a TAC case but I was hoping someone here may have run into the same problem.

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Solace
Level 1
Level 1

In version 6.x I found that you could configure the failover cable as an interface which would pass traffic.

When we upgraded to version 7 we found that this changed and that the failover (for stateful failover of course) stopped the port running as an interface. I was forced to change over to non stateful failover and upgrade the unit with another port.

Thanks for the information. I wish that had been my problem, but the issue is unfortunately what I thought, 515 to 515E failover is not supported. It wasn't supported in 6.33 either, but it worked. In v7.02 the systems won't talk at all. I have to buy a new 515E UR or find a refurb 515 FO unit.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card