Views
Helpful
Replies

Port forwarding on ASA 5506-X

bvandenboogaard
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

My question is - is there a great difference between the OS of the ASA 5505 and the ASA 5506-X?  Are there many other people facing challenges implementing the 5506 compared to the 5505?

We recently hired a company to replace a lot of our hardware.  They have implemented quite a number of ASA 5505`s in the past.  This was their first time working with an ASA 5506.

They are having great difficulty with some features such as port forwarding, and have not gotten it to work yet, even using the guides online specifically created for NAT/PAT.

Other things they are having issues with are IPSec VPN connections for remote workers, and creating proper rules so that guest traffic does not cross over to the corporate network.

I guess I am mostly looking to see if others are having struggles, if there is something I am completely oblivious to that I should do some learning on if we have to look for another vendor, or recommendations for selecting another vendor or contractor.

I have done a lot of googling and do not see any other references to people facing similar issues.

Thanks!

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card