Views
Helpful
Replies

PPTP communications

BCS-Tech
Level 1
Level 1

I have a FPM 1010 in fdm mode.

I have a couple of routed networks that do not talk to each other.

I have PPTP inbound setup on each of the Router connections to RRAS servers on that network.  Including the network I am on.

My issue is I am trying to setup outbound PPTP to our customers location from individual machines located on my internal routed network.  My connections on my computer to my customers has been setup for a long time and working without issue.  But it was working while using an ASA 5506.   Now that I have the 1010, I cannot get the connection to work.  I have email servers and www servers and yada-yada-yada servers natted in each network and all is good.  

But I cannot get my own machine to make the PPTP connection to a customer that I know is setup and working correctly.  I can see users connecting to the RRAS servers at the customers local from other locations.

I know its an issue in "Policies" but I cannot make it work.  And the Monitoring portion of the FPM 101 leaves a lot to the desired.  I like the old ASA interface for monitoring.  Any help would be appreciated.

Signed
Frustrated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@BCS-Tech I assume you are using the FTD image on the FPR1010 hardware?

Refer to the "How to Enable and Disable Global Default Inspections" section in this guide and enable PPTP inspect via FlexConfig.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

@BCS-Tech I assume you are using the FTD image on the FPR1010 hardware?

Refer to the "How to Enable and Disable Global Default Inspections" section in this guide and enable PPTP inspect via FlexConfig.

Works like a champ.  Just took a couple of minutes and boom!!  Connected first time.

Thanks for the help.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card