cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pre-configure Firewall now through interactive prompts [yes]?

Nandesh Singh
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Guys,

I am new to Cisco ASA 5505. I am trying to boot it but it is stucking with below message.

Pre-configure Firewall now through interactive prompts [yes]?

screen is attache. I need help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Restart the ASA and as it is restarting spam the Esc key...(or pay close attention to when you are prompted to press the Esc key to enter ROMMON).  Then see if the ASA boots into ROMMON mode, and if it does, and you are able to type at the command prompt, get your hands on a new copy of the ASA image and follow the steps in the link I provided above to boot from the new image.

If you are unable to boot into ROMMON or you are unable to type when in ROMMON then there is something seriously wrong with your ASA and it will need to be replaced.

--

Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

--

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

So you are pressing enter at the prompt and the ASA just reboots?  Have you tried entering "no"? does it reboot then also? If that is the case it seems like you have a faulty ASA image, and I would suggest uploading a fresh image to the ASA and test with that.

Is this a new ASA or one you bought off of eBay or similar?

This document explains how to upload a new image using ROMMON.

http://www.cisco.com/public/technotes/smbsa/en/us/remote/5500_image_rcvry.pdf

If this does not solve your issue, please provide us with a detailed description of what has been done to the ASA (ie. memory upgrade, image upgrade, etc.), and if this is a new purchase either from Cisco or a second hand ASA.

--

--

It is an old ASA 5505 and it is stucking after attached message. I am not able to type anything.

Restart the ASA and as it is restarting spam the Esc key...(or pay close attention to when you are prompted to press the Esc key to enter ROMMON).  Then see if the ASA boots into ROMMON mode, and if it does, and you are able to type at the command prompt, get your hands on a new copy of the ASA image and follow the steps in the link I provided above to boot from the new image.

If you are unable to boot into ROMMON or you are unable to type when in ROMMON then there is something seriously wrong with your ASA and it will need to be replaced.

--

--

Thanks Guys, I just change cable to Cisco Certified and it working.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card