Views
Helpful
Replies

problems with 5.1 upgrade on 4235 and 4240

pmacdanel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We recently upgraded our 4235 and 4240 up to 5.1. Both sensors were previously runing 4.1 code. Now, the sensors will stop sending alarms after a random amount of time - one sensor shows the analysis engine not running, the other does - however both don't send alarms again until rebooted. I am going to downgrade to the 5.0 code in the hope that this will resolve the issue - any other suggestions for resolving this w/o downgrading?

2 Replies 2

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sounds like you might be hitting bug CSCsc92316 or CSCsd00933 (see http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCsc92316&Submit=Search). Unfortunately there's no fix for this as yet but we're working on it. If this is really affecting you then your best bet at the moment would be to stick with 5.0 for the time being. Make sure you run the latest Service Pack in 5.0 also.

Thanks, as a workaround I have been able to login the service account and issue the following -

/etc/init.d/cids stop

/etc/init.d/cids start

Upon doing this the events start to flow again, however, this requires constant monitoring on my part. Is there anyway to automate this? It didn't appear that cron was running on the sensor. Thanks for your help!

-Patrick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card