Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question about part number for ASA5525-IPS-K9

Hi,

Could i get the ASA part number ASA5525-IPS-K9 with "sh inventory" or "sh version",  or there another command to obtain it, or the ASA 5525 with IPS does not show that part number with a command, and the only way is looking on the back of the chassis.

i am asking this because i can't have access to the ASA, and i am asking somebody to do this,

please let me know,

thanks in advance,

regards,

Juan Pablo

2 Replies 2

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I am not sure what you are asking here.

Isnt the ASA5525-IPS-K9 specifically the part number of an ASA5525-X IPS edition bundle?

Or do you perhaps means some serial?

I think the ASA firewalls serial can be seen with

show version

I would imagine that the same for IPS would be shown by

show module ips

Or perhaps

show module all

- Jouni

Hi Jouni,

thanks for your response,

i have never worked with ASA-X (for part number verification purposes), and i want to know if the ASA 5525 that was sold to me have the IPS, so if use the show version or show inventory i should get the ASA5525-IPS-K9 PID?.. i would like to activate the IPS on my ASA, so if got the ASA-5525-K9 i have to do some procedures to activate, (buy the license, and smarnet with suscription) , but if i got the ASA5525-IPS-K9 i know that i only need the smarnet with the IPS suscription....

I am trying to verify the ASA part number, i don't have physical access to the ASA only CLI...

regards,

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card