Views
Helpful
Replies

Readiness check stuck

volesak
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am doing the third upgrade to 6.2.2 version (two upgrades were done without errors)  and when I run the readiness check my browser crashed. After reopening the browser the process was stuck. I did not check it and I tried to start it again. Now it is running for 24 hours and it is not possible to stop it. Reboot does not have any affect. Can anyone help me?

Thank you for your help ...and I apologize for my English

Jan

version: 6.2.1

check_problem.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It could be the best answer but I have a direct solutition. It is from TACman session.
Is a bug in ver. 6.2.1 and stucked process can be removed by theese commands:

1. list of process

root@Sourcefire3D-01:~# OmniQuery.pl -db mdb -e "select hex(uuid),status,body from notification where status = 7;"
root@Sourcefire3D-01:~# OmniQuery.pl -db mdb -e "select hex(uuid),status,body from notification where body like '%eadin%';"

You can see something like this:

root@Sourcefire3D-01:~# OmniQuery.pl -db mdb -e "select hex(uuid),status,body from notification where body like '%eadin%';"
+----------------------------------+--------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| hex(uuid)                        | status | body                                                                            |
+----------------------------------+--------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| 241AEC6E6CE3313081E0218AAF359562 | 6      | {"literal":"<p><strong>Readiness Check For version: 6.2.2-81</strong><br></p>"} |
| 6DC07704A2DD3DC3BCE8FF662C948F54 | 6      | {"literal":"<p><strong>Readiness Check For version: 6.2.2-81</strong><br></p>"} |
2 rows in set

// The hex number of process is used in another command

2. Deleting process

OmniQuery.pl -db mdb -e 'delete from notification where uuid=unhex ("241AEC6E6CE3313081E0218AAF359562");'

3. Refresh the web page

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I'd go ahead and open a TAC case in this instance.

The TAC engineer can go into the file system of your FMC and manually delete the incomplete job. It's not something you want to do on your own though.

It could be the best answer but I have a direct solutition. It is from TACman session.
Is a bug in ver. 6.2.1 and stucked process can be removed by theese commands:

1. list of process

root@Sourcefire3D-01:~# OmniQuery.pl -db mdb -e "select hex(uuid),status,body from notification where status = 7;"

You can see something like this:

| hex(uuid)                        | status | body                                                                            |
| 241AEC6E6CE3313081E0218AAF359562 | 6      | {"literal":"<p><strong>Readiness Check For version: 6.2.2-81</strong><br></p>"} |
| 6DC07704A2DD3DC3BCE8FF662C948F54 | 6      | {"literal":"<p><strong>Readiness Check For version: 6.2.2-81</strong><br></p>"} |
2 rows in set

// The hex number of process is used in another command

2. Deleting process

OmniQuery.pl -db mdb -e 'delete from notification where uuid=unhex ("241AEC6E6CE3313081E0218AAF359562");'

3. Refresh the web page

Yes, that what the TAC would do. The procedure may vary across releases and depending on the exact problem so be VERY careful with the syntax.

NOTE: under step 2 I believe the line should begin: OmniQuery (you left out the "O".)

This is true, of course. Be careful with these commands.
Thank you for your warning, you're right, I've fixed it.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card