cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Redistribute EIGRP into OSPF using FMC

ABaker94985
Spotlight
Spotlight

We have an HA pair of 4110 Firepowers managed by an FMC. FMC and FTDs are all running 6.7.0.2. One interface has an OSPF process and another has an EIGRP routing process. I'm able to get OSPF redistributed into EIGRP, but I can't figure out how to get EIGRP into OSPF. There isn't an option within the redistribution configuration of the FMC UI. I attempted to do this using FlexConfig, but it doesn't like OSPF. I tried the following:

router ospf $ospf_ProcId
redistribute eigrp 10 metric 1 subnets

router ospf 1
redistribute eigrp 10 metric 1 subnets

Either way, FMC returns "Error - Unsupported CLI" for either 'router ospf $ospf_ProcId' or 'router ospf 1'.

I'm not having luck tracking down what needs to happen here. Does anyone have an idea? Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rwong11117
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure if you're still having this problem, but I was as well but got a solution working. For reference I am running a physical FMC with FTD instances on 7.0.4.

The way I got EIGRP into OSPF was creating a Text Object under FlexConfig. You need to put your OSPF AS as a string variable. From there under the FlexConfig Object, you'd call on the text object you just created and input your normal redistribution command syntax.

So it looks something like this:

FlexConfig

Text Object
Name
RouterOSPFAS
Variable type: “ospf 1”

FlexConfig Object
Name
Router_OSPF_Redis
Config section:

router $RouterOSPF (variable name that was just created inserting Text Object of RouterOSPFAS)
redistribute eigrp 3157 metric 2000 subnets

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Redistributing EIGRP into OSPF is done under the OSPF process in the FMC GUI.  Check the following link for details.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/670/fdm/fptd-fdm-config-guide-670/fptd-fdm-ospf.html#id_125524

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

Thanks for the reply, Marius. I looked at this article a couple times, but I have no EIGRP process to select. I ended up opening a TAC case, and the engineer said you  can't redistribute EIGRP into OSPF, because EIGRP is configured with FlexConfig and OSPF through the GUI. However, I'm not ready to call this quits. I was able to redistribute OSPF into EIGRP though, plus this article sure seems as if it's possible. The software version is 6.7, and I've attached the redistribution options. Thanks

rwong11117
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure if you're still having this problem, but I was as well but got a solution working. For reference I am running a physical FMC with FTD instances on 7.0.4.

The way I got EIGRP into OSPF was creating a Text Object under FlexConfig. You need to put your OSPF AS as a string variable. From there under the FlexConfig Object, you'd call on the text object you just created and input your normal redistribution command syntax.

So it looks something like this:

FlexConfig

Text Object
Name
RouterOSPFAS
Variable type: “ospf 1”

FlexConfig Object
Name
Router_OSPF_Redis
Config section:

router $RouterOSPF (variable name that was just created inserting Text Object of RouterOSPFAS)
redistribute eigrp 3157 metric 2000 subnets

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card