Views
Helpful
Replies

Reduced number of AnyConnect sessions

Antonio Macia
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

We purchased a pair of ASAv50 for a failover setup. I noticed that the number of AnyConnect sessions is reduced to 750 even if we have enough licenses and the platform is supposed to support up to 10000. Why does this happen?

License mode: Smart Licensing
ASAv Platform License State: Licensed
Active entitlement: ASAv-STD-10G, enforce mode: Authorized
Firewall throughput limited to 10 Gbps
The feature: 10000 AnyConnect Premium sessions exceed the limit on the platform, reduced to 750 AnyConnect Premium sessions.
The feature: 10000 TLS Proxy sessions exceed the limit on the platform, reduced to 1000 TLS Proxy sessions.

Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Cristian Matei
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You sure you're running the ASAv50 image, not the ASAv30, right?

Regards,

Cristian Matei.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Cristian Matei
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You sure you're running the ASAv50 image, not the ASAv30, right?

Regards,

Cristian Matei.

Hi,

Yes. I'm sure. In fact you can see the 10Gbps throughput in the output above. Only the ASAv50 reaches that throughput.

Regards.

Hi Christian,

I just realised that the VM was not properly sized and has only 4 vCPUs instead of 8 and same for the RAM :(

Thanks.

Exactly - VM provisioning must be correct for the ASAv to achieve the maximum SSL VPN specification. The licensing won't overcome that.

Hi,

Size the VM accordingly, per the ASAv50 requirements:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/adaptive-security-virtual-appliance-asav/datasheet-c78-733399.html

Regards,

Cristian Matei.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card