cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote management of FTD from FMC v6.7

paragonbank
Level 1
Level 1

I have just upgraded our FMC and FTD to v6.7....

One of the new features within v6.7 is that standard interfaces can be configured to be the management interface. This is perfect for remote sites where the outside interface can be configured as the management.

Does anyone know how to reconfigure the FMC and a remote FTD to change the management from the management interface to the outside interface without the FMC potentially loosing contact with the FTD.

I currently have a temporary public connection (public IP) connected into the management interface which is registered to the FMC.  

2 Replies 2

rtromans01
Level 1
Level 1

If anyone needs to know how to configure this i.e. Outside / data interface to be the management interface.... Go to the online help within the FMC and navigate to help_files/index.html#!t_change-the-fmc-access-interface-from-management-to-data.html

Chakshu Piplani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can check this video for a quick demo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3Ma6TnXKXw

Make sure connectivity is good from data interface to FMC management interface and you have the routes in place, you can use FMC to make the changes to switch from management to data interface.

If you encounter issues use the rollback cli to switch to the previous deployment.

HTH,

Chakshu

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card