cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remove ALL network-objects from object-group with single command

jasonrob1
Level 1
Level 1

I'm wondering if there is a way to remove ALL network-objects from an network object-group with one command.  I figured the easiest way to do this is to negate the object-group and re-create it.  If the object-group is used on a ACL it is not possible.

Short of listing all network-objects and negating them, is there another way to accomplish what I'm trying to do?

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As you mentioned if the object or object group associated with ACL.

May be get the ACL out of the box validate using any programming language and get final copy and apply back.

Note : depends on how may ACL you have, if less than 50 i do manually, if more 1K lines i go programming approach.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

The programming route is likely what I have to take, just wanted to see if there was a better way.  thanks for your reply.

To remove all object groups from the configuration, use the clear config object-group configuration command.

Note note it remove all object group

MHM

Perhaps I wasn't as clear as I could have been.  I'm actually trying to clear all network-objects embedded in an object-group.  Removing ALL object-groups is not something I'm wanting to accomplish.

I Will check one point and update you mac tomorrow 

MHM

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card