cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Restricting Access to FTD Management Interface

mumbles202
Level 5
Level 5

I'm trying to restrict access to the management interface of a pair of 1150s running 7.2.0.  I've run the following command:

configure ssh-access-list 8.8.8.8/32

which appears to complete successfully("The ssh access list was changed successfully." is returned) but then if I issue "show ssh-access-list" following this nothing is displayed.  If I log out and back in via ssh I get the following:

> show ssh-access-list
f2b-sshd tcp -- anywhere anywhere tcp dpt:ssh
Chain f2b-sshd (1 references)

Once I try to edit the ACL again I get the same behavior described above and if I re-run the show ssh-access-list command nothing is displayed.  Strangely enough, this worked fine on a pair of 1140s running the same code.

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

is this managed by FMC or FDM ?

configure ssh-access-list 8.8.8.8/32   <-- Hope 8.8.8.8 dummy one, if you do this only 8.8.8.8 can access rest will be denied. (bare in mind before you issue that command)

try :

> show running-config ssh

Note: since you confirmed the old version working 7.2 has an issue, may syntax change or could be a bug, I have not tested myself n 7.2 - 7.0 works as expected.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

This pair of 1150s is managed by the same FMC that manages the 1140 that took the commands successfully. 

Gustavo Medina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Maybe iptables is corrupt... can you show me the iptables file?

/ngfw/etc/sysconfig# cat iptables

When I do that I get this:

admin@ftd-02:/ngfw/etc/sysconfig$ cat iptables
admin@ftd-02:/ngfw/etc/sysconfig$

I see... can you share the same from the working 1140?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card