Views
Helpful
Replies

SCOR 350-701 Study material

mustafafekaiki
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am preparing to take CCNP security core exam . Do you have any recommendation on how to prepare fore the exam , what is the best study guide to follow ? I've bought the official book but I need videos tutorial that covers all the subjects .

Thank you 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

best is to start with Cisco Blue Print -

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/training-events/training-certifications/exams/current-list/scor-350-701.html

List of the topics you looking to cover and road-map and do some research online cisco also offer some recommended material, sometimes some free, some need to Pay, You Tube have many videos which cover most of the topics.

if you like to buy or you looking to order - as others suggested different vendors have different videos,. so how much you like to spend on this apart from exam cost, it is your choice, some of the top-rated vendors who offer these courses.  INE/ CBT / Pluralsight / Udemy (sometimes they offer less and discounts so look out for their offers)

if you looking to create a lab and test. you can use basic to advanced simulators/emulators available.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

there is a good video course in cbtnuggets.

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

Jitendra Kumar
Spotlight
Spotlight

https://www.ucertify.com/ is also having great content you can check.

Thanks,
Jitendra

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

best is to start with Cisco Blue Print -

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/training-events/training-certifications/exams/current-list/scor-350-701.html

List of the topics you looking to cover and road-map and do some research online cisco also offer some recommended material, sometimes some free, some need to Pay, You Tube have many videos which cover most of the topics.

if you like to buy or you looking to order - as others suggested different vendors have different videos,. so how much you like to spend on this apart from exam cost, it is your choice, some of the top-rated vendors who offer these courses.  INE/ CBT / Pluralsight / Udemy (sometimes they offer less and discounts so look out for their offers)

if you looking to create a lab and test. you can use basic to advanced simulators/emulators available.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

mustafafekaiki
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Balaji and all for your feedback. 

Barbara William
Level 1
Level 1

Recommendations for Preparing for the CCNP Security Core Exam for DumpsBox:

Official Certification Guide: As you've already procured the official book , make it your primary resource. The material in this guide is directly aligned with the exam objectives and serves as an authoritative source.

Video Tutorials: While the official book provides textual insight, video tutorials can offer visual and practical explanations. Platforms like Udemy, Pluralsight, and CBT Nuggets typically offer comprehensive video courses for Cisco certifications. Look for courses specific to the CCNP Security Core exam.

Hands-on Lab Practice: There's no substitute for practical experience. Utilize virtual labs or create your own home lab to experiment with the concepts. Cisco's own Packet Tracer and GNS3 are invaluable tools for simulation.

Join Study Groups: Platforms like Cisco Learning Network provide forums and study groups where candidates discuss exam topics and share their experiences. Engaging with peers can offer new perspectives and insights.

Practice Exams: Use DumpsBox to access 350-701 practice exam questions , which can give you an idea of the types of questions you'll face. While practicing, always ensure to understand the rationale behind each answer rather than memorizing them.

Review and Brush-Up: As your exam date approaches, skim through the official guide again, focusing on areas where you felt less confident. Use flashcards or summary notes to help with quick revisions.

Stay Updated: The world of security is ever-evolving. Stay updated with Cisco's official updates and any changes in the syllabus or exam format.

Well-being: Remember, while studying is essential, so is taking care of your well-being. Ensure you're getting proper rest, eating well, and setting aside time for relaxation.

Download free exam questions: https://www.dumpsbox.com/certification/CCNP-Security-Dumps.html

Hello i need any good advise on the CCNP 350-701. 

I just fail the 350-701 test big time….. i am so fostered with the process this is what happen.   
I used and what i recommended and don’t recommended.

remember that you have a bout 1 minute per question. so you need to memorize the materials , it is not just about the knowledge it is about memorization of the material. you don’t have time to find the correct question.

1 Used CBT nugget ( really know to pass the test 10% ) undecided

• 80 hours.

2. Practices test from CBT nugget. (kaplanlearn) on the test getting 97%, i don’t recommend at all. it is really useless, it just wasted of time. ( really knowlege for the test 2%) so it is  BIG NO recommend.

• about 60 hours.

3. Boson exam ( only about 10%) on they test i geting 92% ( really knowlege 10%) the information is to old NO recommend.

• about 160 hours

4. offical cert guide book  by santos 2nd edition ( really knowlege %15 or less) i used so much the book the page are falling apart . i recommend .

• 7 week reading the book , about 120 hours.

5. i place a pre-order the book  CCNP and CCIE Security Core SCOR 350-701 Exam Cram (april 15)

6. INE sigh up for it and review the material ( it is old)

7. CER-SCOR-V1-025925 can someone please tell what version this is for. 

I am so frustrated that i wasted so much time on this and no result not even closed….

time wasted about 420 hr or more… weekend. more that 1 year . and cram about 2 months .

https://learningnetworkstore.cisco.com/assessments-and-practice-exams/cisco-exam-review-scor/CER-SCOR-V1-025925.html

this is my result from the test. 

Note: i was thinking that domain 2 were i know more… but for the really exam is were i suck. it is about memorization not knowing the material

sir_yrwins_0-1711398473894.jpeg

First of all, I think that the actual exams available today put a greater value on logic and the way you think and use the tremendous quantity of information that you need to assimilate in order to take any CORE exam. Don't get me wrong, memorising stuff is still very important, but not that important when passing the exam as the way you use that information.

I remember that 15-20 years ago if you knew how routing worked and you crammed the book for it, I think it was called BSCI, and memorised as much as you could, you wouldn't have a problem passing the exam.

Second of all, looking at your score report and judging from some similar failures of mine, I don't think that you did that bad. Of course you didn't pass the exam which is bad, but I don't think you where that far fro passing it. My estimation is that you where off by 6-7 answers. The way that the information is presented in the Section Analysis is not very helpful in my opinion. What is missing in my opinion is how well, or not, did you do compared with the maximum possible grade. How many points did you do out of 1000 points.

The only place I know of that still gives out this information is the CCIE OLSM site -  https://ccie.cloudapps.cisco.com/CCIE/Schedule_Lab/CCIEOnline/CCIEOnline

To pass a Cisco exam, you have to score more than 850 points out of 1000 to be on the safe side.

Like I said, I had a similar score report, sections around 50% some a little bit more, some less, and the score was 781. I did another recap of the book, took the exam again and passed - score was 868.

Hope this helps.

Regards, LG
*** Please Rate All Helpful Responses ***

sir_yrwins
Level 1
Level 1

wow.... thank you so much I was about give up ... 

Don't! 

Make a plan now while things are still fresh.

Regards, LG
*** Please Rate All Helpful Responses ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card