Views
Helpful
Replies

Security + License Gone (help)

JeromeTechie1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

SO i recently bought an ASA 5505 from ebay with a sec + liencense which i was pretty happy with. I did a write erase and poof license gone and i am on Base now. Anyone knows how to fix this stuff?

And does CIsco keeps track of the liense sold and maybe i can get it back from them? I know its based on the serial Number so obviously they should but....

Urgent help is needed guys tx ahead for your input

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

turnera
Level 1
Level 1

You can try to do a factory default reset and that may get your initial box settings back for you.

Console into your asa and try this:

devicename>en

devicename#conf t

devicename(config)#config factory-default

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

turnera
Level 1
Level 1

You can try to do a factory default reset and that may get your initial box settings back for you.

Console into your asa and try this:

devicename>en

devicename#conf t

devicename(config)#config factory-default

didn't work out

I think it got lost when i cleaned up the flash and the config...

I am hoping Cisco wont screw me up because i am not the original owner...

I clicked good answer but it wasnt btw sorry

Hi,

If instead of just clearing the configuration from the flash you have actually erased the flash then you have also lost the license key from the flash that is hidden in the flash and not normally visible.

- Jouni

Yap probably it... Got in touch with CIsco Licensing they sent me a key and guess what base license...

Now i got another problem i cant get stupid ASDM up and running its just stupidly sick it was working 1 week ago and now when its time to put it in prod thats what happens.

Thats why i erased config in the first place (write erase) stupid java says unable to start the launcher from x.x.x.x

when i try to hit up the web page it says it cant access it i am just getting rly depressed after a 12Hours shift

relevant config

interface Ethernet0/0

switchport access vlan 2

interface Vlan2

nameif INSIDE

security-level 10

ip address 172.16.0.6 255.255.255.248

logging asdm informational

mtu INSIDE 1500

icmp unreachable rate-limit 1 burst-size 1

asdm image disk0:/asdm-711-52.bin

no asdm history enable

http server enable

http 172.16.0.2 255.255.255.255 INSIDE

http 172.16.0.3 255.255.255.255 INSIDE

i even took out any authentication to minimze the troubleshooting, its as simple as it gets yet....

I got all the possible SSL and TLS versions turned on my browser java is on the latest release and as i said it was working last week.

Computer is directly pluged into the ASA with static IP and default gateway pointing to the ASA

Jerome,

If you can, get a copy of Cisco IPS Manager Express (IME). I personally find that interface to be more user friendly then ASDM.  Maybe it will work better for you.

At least Cisco gave you a key, they could have said no, so that is a good thing. Maybe you can get a SmartNet contract for it and get the upgrade to Security+ through that avenue if you find you still need it.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card