cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Send Connections Events to while Event Viewer Option Selected at FMC

subrun.jamil
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ,  For a Firewall Rule at One 8370 managed from FMC , I see "Send Connection Events to" Selected as "Event Viewer" . But "Log at Beginning of Connection"  and  "Log at End of Connection" is not selected. 

Having said that what should we expect , if traffic is matching this rule and not allowed at end ( i mean destination side Application ) , there will be any ALLOWED logs ?

Capture.JPG

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I would not expect any connection events based on that rule. You need to choose one (or both) of the options at the top of the box.

View solution in original post

I would not expect you to get anything in Event Viewer (as far as connection events).

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I would not expect any connection events based on that rule. You need to choose one (or both) of the options at the top of the box.

Ok Marvin, while selecting only send connection events to event viewer while both option not selected what we are getting ?

I would not expect you to get anything in Event Viewer (as far as connection events).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card