Views
Helpful
Replies

Sensor Management

estelamathew
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

• In Sensor Management TAB there is an option of Update sensor,from this option can we upgrade the sensor image as well as sensor signatures.I have downloaded the image and signatures updates from cisco ,, can i browse and specify the local path one at a time for image and signature to update the sensor.

• I have IPS 4240 i have created interface pairing between 1 and 3  ,,  2 and 4,  these 2 pair can be assigned to vs0,ad0,rules0,

Thanks

4 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sorry, but what is your question on this post?

View solution in original post

Yes, you can configure multiple interface pairing and assign them to the same virtual sensor (vs0, ad0, rule0).

Yes, you can upload the IPS software locally from your PC, or upload it via FTP, SCP, HTTP or HTTPS.

Yes Estella , you can use the same Update Sensor tab. Either use FTP, HTTP, HTTPS or SCP to upgrade or give the location of your signature pkg file, click Update Sensor and you are good to go.

Thanks

~ Charu

Yes, you are absolutely correct. You can update the sensor both the signature as well as the software upgrade from the sensor update tab.

Further to that, you can also configure auto update to automatically update the signature pack directly from cisco.com. This signature pack is released every few days, therefore, it is best or most convenient to configure auto update, so the signature gets automatically updated to the latest signature pack.

7 Replies 7

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sorry, but what is your question on this post?

Hello Jennifer,

• My concern is can we assign more than 1 pair to vs0,ad0,rules0.???
  • I have dowloaded the image and signature on my laptop, IN sensor management,update sensor tab i can specify the local path to upgrade the signatures and image or i have to go through  the FTP process???

I m very much new to IPS please make me understand if what i m posting is wrong

Yes, you can configure multiple interface pairing and assign them to the same virtual sensor (vs0, ad0, rule0).

Yes, you can upload the IPS software locally from your PC, or upload it via FTP, SCP, HTTP or HTTPS.

Hello Jennifer,

To update the signatures also from the same update sensor TAB ?????

Thanks

Yes Estella , you can use the same Update Sensor tab. Either use FTP, HTTP, HTTPS or SCP to upgrade or give the location of your signature pkg file, click Update Sensor and you are good to go.

Thanks

~ Charu

Yes, you are absolutely correct. You can update the sensor both the signature as well as the software upgrade from the sensor update tab.

Further to that, you can also configure auto update to automatically update the signature pack directly from cisco.com. This signature pack is released every few days, therefore, it is best or most convenient to configure auto update, so the signature gets automatically updated to the latest signature pack.

Thanks Jennifer and Charu

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card