Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

I have n ASA 5505 , asa version7.2(4).I change my isp to comcast and the only changes that were made to the configuration was the new external public ip address from the old isp external ip address.My problem is with a inside device static assigned t...

Hi Everybody,       What type of traffic should be permitted and denied on an internet facing interface with DMVPN services also running on it. I have a security ACL placed in it which blocks basic security threats and ports but i am just keen to kno...

niterid3r by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have problems with 8.3 firmware on our ASA. I try to configure pooled-dynamic-pat and it appears that it is natting properly but doesn\'t do pat but instead does pooled-nat. According to: https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9129 object n...

w951duu by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We are using an AIM-IPS module in a 1841 and it has been working fine, however we just upgraded our broadband link and didn’t notice a increase in throughput.We were consistently getting about 16 meg download speeds and this didn’t change with the ne...

I'm having a problem with NAT , i have a Videoconference system and from site A to SIte B is all good. But when site b tries to dial site A, is not completing and in ASA logs on site B i get reverse path translation failed from DMZ to Inside. Dialing...

Hello - I'm a complete novice when it comes to configuring via the command line, but I am trying my best to learn.  We have a Cisco ASA 5505 and would like to configure it using a Cisco provided solution for URL filtering.  At this moment we only hav...

jrennard3 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,We want to use the DHCP relay service on a Cisco 5505 ASA connected trough a VPN IP_Sec site-to-site tunnel with a PIX 535. We set up te configuration as discribed in the documantation. From de remote site the ASA 5505 we can ping de DCHP servers ...

nijholt by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Issue: Cisco  firewalls require only one level of password i.e. the domain username  and password are used for both logging in as well as reaching global  configuration mode. Background: We  have multiple Cisco network devices set up which authent...

chris by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am using router now.  Did any IOS firwall or IPS command can protect like "login block-for" command to control number of login per period of time.   It is because my servers in network also week to limit number of limit (ssh) per period (say min...

Machi Ma by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I want to buy an ASA5510 + SSM for my lan.The goal is :- Make URL filtering/blocking within work hours- Deny some application like IM, P2P, web radio, during work hours.Trend Micro is good for the first think : url filtering by categoriesBut is...

dufour001 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi ,i am unable to download PIX 515e 8.0(3) Flashpixfirewall# copy flash: tftp:Source filename []? pix803.binAddress or name of remote host []? 192.168.110.79Destination filename [pix803.bin]?%Error writing tftp://192.168.110.79/pix803.bin (Cannot al...

rafat0426 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! ASA static pat

hii would like to know if DNS doctoring is supported with static pat or only static nat .if it is supported with Static PAT does it support both (i.e interface as well as a free public ip ).below is an eg. in which i have mentioned the interface keyw...