cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SI URL whitelisting not working

ryan14
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have enabled DPI inspection on my FTD units. When I whitelist a URL by domain or URL, via the connection events in the fmc, I am still getting blocked for the URL category. Per the event log, it is getting de-crypt and the behavior is same with other sites that use the same ACP. I even see the url listed in the Global-Whitelist-for-URL feed when I login to the FTD appliance. Any suggestions what else to look for? Running 6.4.0.4.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I opened a case with TAC. The issue was a misunderstanding how SI works. Apparently the SI URL whitelist only whitelists the security intelligence but doesn't allow a fast path before the ACP. You cannot whitelist a URL via the SI feed, it still checks the ACP.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Security Intelligence happens before ACP and decryption so something is not right here. Do you see these events in Analysis > Security Intelligence Events ?

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

I opened a case with TAC. The issue was a misunderstanding how SI works. Apparently the SI URL whitelist only whitelists the security intelligence but doesn't allow a fast path before the ACP. You cannot whitelist a URL via the SI feed, it still checks the ACP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card