cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Signature update

siscisco05
Level 1
Level 1

I have an IDS 4215 and my current version is 5.1(1)S252. What signature do I need to get to 5.1(2) ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mhellman
Level 7
Level 7

The update to 5.1(2) is not a signature update, it is a service pack. The latest service pack is 5.1(3), so you probably want that. Apparently, you can't even download the 5.1(2) service pack anymore.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

mhellman
Level 7
Level 7

The update to 5.1(2) is not a signature update, it is a service pack. The latest service pack is 5.1(3), so you probably want that. Apparently, you can't even download the 5.1(2) service pack anymore.

Right, 5.1(2) was pulled only after a few days of being available. There was a major bug that affected some sensors during the upgrade, causing them not to boot back up. 5.1(3) is just the fixed version of 5.1(2). Since some sensors did upgrade to 5.1(2) without problems and are running stable, they're using that as the minimum requirement for further signature updates.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card