Views
Helpful
Replies

site-to-site: exclude single IP

michaely360
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I inherited a setup with an ASA 5505 (running 9.1) at the remote site (Site B) connected via a site-to-site VPN to a firewall in our main site (Site A). This is the first Cisco device I have managed so I'm using the ADSM interface.

Under Site-to-Site VPN > ACL Manager I see rules for permitting all traffic from Site B to Site A.

In Site A we host a web service which is available via a public IP. This service is sensitive to network connectivity but because the VPN isn't very stable (due to a poor internet connection at Site B) I'd rather send requests for that service over the internet, rather than through the VPN tunnel. How can I do this?

Lastly, the internal DNS at Site B will resolve our web service to an internal IP (eg 192.168.0.10). So I presume I also need to do some NAT translation to get it to target the public IP?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Michael.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Pawan Raut
Level 4
Level 4

First if you want access site A web service host from site B over VPN then you have to do the NAT for web service host with Public IP.

Also you want o exclude that IP  (eg 192.168.0.10) from VPN then use deny statement at top in vpn acl for IP that IP  (eg 192.168.0.10)

View solution in original post

Apart from ASDM logs You can test it with packet tracer on Firewall as well.

Kindly rate for useful post please.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Pawan Raut
Level 4
Level 4

First if you want access site A web service host from site B over VPN then you have to do the NAT for web service host with Public IP.

Also you want o exclude that IP  (eg 192.168.0.10) from VPN then use deny statement at top in vpn acl for IP that IP  (eg 192.168.0.10)

Thanks. I'll create the NAT rule first, then add the 'exclude' rule to the VPN.

Is there a way to test or check logs to see whether its working from within ADSM?

Apart from ASDM logs You can test it with packet tracer on Firewall as well.

Kindly rate for useful post please.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card